Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Ch. 1 Par. 15. What does the name Jehovah mean?


Ch. 1 Par. 15. What does the name Jehovah mean?

Chapter 1 Paragraph 15. What does the name Jehovah mean?

"God gave himself a name that is full of meaning. His name, Jehovah, means that God can fulfill any promise he makes and can carry out any purpose he has in mind.*God’s name is unique, one of a kind. It belongs only to him. In a number of ways, Jehovah is unique. How is that so?"

Footnote Reads:
*  There is more information on the meaning and the pronunciation of God’s name in theAppendix. (http://www.facebook.com/groups/BibleTeachStudy/doc/310641932279851/)


"means that God can fulfill any promise he makes and can carry out any purpose he has in mind.*

From Paragraph 8 (Appendix 1)
When Moses asked about God’s name, Jehovah replied: “I shall prove to be what I shall prove to be.” (Exodus 3:14) Rotherham’s translation renders those words: “I Will Become whatsoever I please.” 

**I hope that one commenter will include information from the Insight on the Scriptures regarding the translation from the Hebrew :)

*** Bible Citations ***
(Exodus 3:14) At this God said to Moses: “I SHALL PROVE TO BE WHAT I SHALL PROVE TO BE.” And he added: “This is what you are to say to the sons of Israel, ‘I SHALL PROVE TO BE has sent me to YOU.’”


Meet your ideal match at JWMatch